I've completed phase one of an embroidery project I've been planning for months. Once I had found a suitable unlined cotton jacket, I lost no time in sketching out a design and stitching it during the Easter break. I've used satin stitch, stem stitch, split stitch and chain stitch, and bright shades of red, blue, yellow, orange and green, with splashes of turquoise and lavender, for a rich, colourful effect.
The design includes a sweep of floral motifs across the centre back of the jacket, with a colourful bird in flight. The next phase will be to add more flowers and perhaps some more birds, or butterflies.
With this initial part of the design completed, the jacket is wearable, which means that I can start phase two when I can find some more time for embroidery: perhaps during the summer.